One week of lessons for you to try from Kindergarten to Grade 10.
This course is available with all course purchases at no extra cost. It guides you through your Australian homeschool application when using our courses.
- Example applications for different states and territories.
- A lawyer drafted letter to start provisional homeschooling. (Only applies to Queensland). You’ll still need to submit a plan, but you can delay it for three months.
- Information on what to expect in your meetings for states that need to have a face-to-face consult.
- We help you prepare for your next assessment and give you tips on assessing your child’s progress.
And if you have any trouble with your application submission you can ask questions on the forum or email us with your questions.
- Getting organized
- How To assess your child's educational progress
- Teaching a foreign language
- Teaching tips for Shakespeare
- Teaching current affairs
- More Charlotte Mason
- Healthy homeschool habits
Charlotte Mason encouraged all children to enjoy handicrafts, making beautiful and useful items. You will find a selection of tutorials here that children of many ages will enjoy, using supplies many families are likely to have on hand already or can get easily.Free Member Enrolment
This Music Appreciation appreciation for kids course was developed for family study and is provided free with all course purchases.
Our Music Appreciation for Kids Course includes homeschool resources to help you incorporate music and composer study into your homeschool. Do this during your group study time around once or twice a week. You could also use this as an independent activity for older children.
To enhance your child’s experience you can also play music at other times in the background.
Music Appreciation For Kids Includes:
Pick a rotation for your whole family and work through it once a week. We have 4-5 years of lessons in our group study rotations.
- Rotation rotation is all about learning to listen to music. It will help train the beginner’s ear to hearing the nuances of classical music. It’s a great introduction for the parent and student. We have two resources, both include weekly lessons for 32 weeks.
- Our second rotation features eight composers. We’ve included radio shows, video clips and some biographies. This rotation could be done as a group or older primary students could do this independently.
- Our third rotation has famous ballet stories and opera highlights for you to watch. And don’t think these are all posh and hard for kids to appreciate because we’ve got some Disney and Muppet interpretations they’re going to love!
Our senior studies music appreciation is not part of our group study it is set up for independent study. It includes a number of musical genres including classical, opera and modern musical scores.
This art appreciation for kids course was developed for family study and is provided free with all course purchases.
Our Art Appreciation for Kids Course includes homeschool resources to help you incorporate picture study into your homeschool. Do this during your group study time around once or twice a week. You could also use this as an independent activity for older children if you wish by having them examine a painting a week.
Art Appreciation For Kids Includes:
- Look Closer – A Simple Start to Art Appreciation For Kids – This is a year-long course for families wanting to include weekly art appreciation easily into their family time. Each term focuses on a different theme in art, with 8 different artworks studied each term. Suitable for all ages, this is a great resource for families with younger students or those new to including art appreciation in their weekly schedule.
- Exploring Colour in Art – This is a course that explores the use and spectrum of colour in art, studying its use by various artists and through many different art movements and styles. It has been designed to fit easily into your family time, with a weekly lesson for each of the 8 weeks of term, across the 4 terms of the year. Suitable for all ages.
- World Master Picture Study – introduces fine art to your child in an easy to use format especially designed for homeschoolers! Use this in your group study time as an easily accessible way to learn about some of the greatest artists and their finest works. Includes a downloadable ebook.
- Australian Artist Picture Study – includes some indigenous art study resources and some famous Australian art works to study. Includes a downloadable ebook.
Senior Students Independent Art Studies
Our senior studies art lessons are not part of our group study. They are set up for independent study.
- Art of the Middle Ages – Is a Year 8 study using art works based on historical events during the middle ages.
- Renaissance Artists – highlights the work of artists during this period. Year 8.
- Japanese Art Study – in Year 8 we also have an art study that ties in with the history of Japan.
- Art Electives – Available with Year 9 & 10 course purchase only.